Prior to any chemical service, clarify hair by removing buildup from water impurities, styling products, waxes and medications.
- Shampoo with Scruples HAIR CLEARIFIER Deep Cleansing Shampoo. Rinse and towel blot.
- Clarify with Scruples HAIR CLEARIFIER Treatment to remove oils, waxes, oil-soluble medications and baked-on styling products. Rinse and towel blot.
- Proceed with chemical service.
- Use Scruples NO H2O2 No Peroxide to neutralize peroxide residue in the hair after a chemical service and simultaneously condition hair. See Post Perm Treatment section.
- Spongy when wet or breaks easily when dry: DO NOT PERM
- Dry, porous or lacks elasticity: Precondition with Scruples MOISTUREX Replenishing Conditioner or COMPLETE RECOVERY Treatment Masque
- Weak, thin or lacks tensile strength: Precondition with Scruples ER Emergency Repair Conditioner or COMPLETE RECOVERY Treatment Masque
All hair types (except resistant, thick and coarse hair): Recommended pre-wrap with Scruples QUICK RECOVERY Leave-In Conditioner or WHITE TEA Leave-In Miracle Foam Conditioner to equalize porosity and ensure even penetration of the waving solution.
POST PERM TREATMENT
- Perm and neutralize hair according to directions.
- Rinse and towel blot hair.
- Spray NO H2O2 No Peroxide into hair and comb blend.
- After 3 – 5 minutes, rinse hair thoroughly, towel blot and style as desired.